No matter how large or small the organization, shutdowns, turnarounds, and outages (STOs) are events that demand exceptional planning and execution. Poorly executed STOs can cost millions in lost revenue. Through Kepner-Tregoe’s Shutdowns, Turnarounds, and Outages workshop, you will learn KT’s proven, rigorous method for optimizing your shutdown performance. With a comprehensive approach and hands-on application, KT’s Shutdowns, Turnarounds, and Outages workshop will ensure value at all levels of team expertise.
Audience: Appropriate for all personnel involved in shutdowns, turnarounds, and outages—including shutdown managers, planners, coordinators, contractors, team leaders, engineers, maintenance managers, tradespersons, safety personnel, finance managers, and operations personnel.
Learn best practices associated with all phases of a shut, including definition, planning, implementation, and restart.
Identify tangible actions to achieve significant and sustainable improvements in shut outcomes, such as boosting team morale.
Establish clear plans that take all stakeholders into account.
Evaluate metrics and align current business practices to support the STO.
In Kepner-Tregoe’s Shutdowns, Turnarounds, and Outages workshop, you will develop the skills necessary to navigate every phase of a shut. This includes:
- Definition: Establishing communication channels and stakeholder involvement; defining objectives and boundaries for all activities; outlining scope (including decommissioning and restart activities); and planning initial resources.
- Planning: Understanding tasks, establishing accountability and timeline; developing balanced metrics; and aligning current business processes.
- Implementation: Establishing the controlled process of instituting work packages; communicating effectively; resolving issues; managing risks; returning to operational status; and ensuring systems are put into place for tracking progress and costs to stay within timeline and budget.
Return on Investment
- Halved incidents and LTI’s.
- Increased efficiency of contract resources by 50%.
- Eliminated overruns.
- More than 300% improvement in on-time start ups.
- Increased work package/activity completion rates.
- Broader organization understanding and engagement.
- Collaboration improvement within the shutdown team.
- Extend shutdown cycle from 12 to 18 months, reducing maintenance budget by 30%.
Duration: 3 day
Learning Tools Included: All workshop attendees will get access to online post-workshop learning support tools (coaching videos, tips, tricks, worksheets, and more) with a My KT membership.
Certification Credits: 2.1 CEUs
Training Options: Explore the class schedule below to register for a Public Session workshop or contact us to bring this workshop on-site to your organization.
Download the workshop outline for: Shutdowns-Turnarounds-Outages (STO)