Strong project sponsorship can be the difference between a successful project and a failed one. That’s why it’s important that sponsors understand their roles and how they can set project managers and teams up for success.
KT’s Project Sponsor workshop focuses on the key responsibilities of a project sponsor—including elements of the KT Project Management process—all in the context of the sponsorship role. From assessing and authorizing project plans, to identifying potential risks and enhancing communication between project teams, the workshop equips project sponsors with tools to facilitate project success.
Audience: Designed for project sponsors or anyone in a project leadership role overseeing project managers. This workshop especially adds value to project sponsors working with project teams that use the KT Project Management approach.
Understand the role of the project sponsor in delivering successful projects.
Empower project managers for successful project execution.
Get tools to assess and authorize project plans and identify potential risks.
Enhance communication between the project team and all stakeholders.
Skills developed during KT’s Project Sponsor Workshop enable you to:
- Understand the role of the sponsor in governing and supporting the delivery of successful projects.
- Proactively guide the project through all stages in its lifecycle.
- Assess and authorize project plans, proactively identifying and addressing potential issues and risks.
- Enhance project communications on all levels—within the project team and between the team and senior stakeholders.
Return on Investment
By attending the Project Sponsor workshop and adopting KT processes, organizations have realized both immediate, and long-term, return on investment. These include:
- Thomson Tubes: 111 projects in two weeks instead of three
- Sara Lee: Six major new products launched with dramatically improved right-first-time quality
- Lockheed Martin: Improved cost management from an average $120,000 overrun to a $90,000 under-run
Duration: 1 day
Learning Tools Included: All workshop attendees will get access to online post-workshop learning support tools (coaching videos, tips, tricks, worksheets, and more) with a My KT membership
Certification Credits: .7 CEUs
Training Options: Available as a group training conducted at your location