Project results come from people, not software. As such, overlooking the human element of projects is a common cause for project failure. By effectively managing people in projects you can consistently get the best performance from your project teams and get the best project results.
Kepner-Tregoe’s Managing People in Projects workshop directs the focus of project leaders on managing people, not tasks, collaborating with others, and navigating the interpersonal relationships present in every project. From learning best practices for effective motivation, to optimizing stakeholder involvement, KT's Managing People in Projects workshop can help you to both recognize and utilize your greatest resource—your people.
Audience: Designed for project managers and sponsors or anyone in a project leadership role overseeing project team members. This workshop especially adds value to those working with project teams that use the KT Project Management approach.
Effectively manage the human element in projects.
Learn to recognize and influence the impact of human behavior in project environments.
Manage stakeholder involvement to get the best team performance, especially in cross-functional teams.
Skills developed during KT’s Managing People in Projects workshop enable you to:
- Improve management of the human component of projects.
- Recognize—and influence—the way project environments impact human behavior.
- Identify and prevent motivational issues within project teams that can inhibit project success.
- Effectively manage stakeholder involvement to elicit the best performance from project team members.
Return on Investment
By attending the Managing People in Projects workshop and adopting KT processes, organizations have realized both immediate, and long-term, return on investment. These include:
- A leading healthcare company leveraged Managing People in Projects concepts with KT Project Management to fix the root cause of a problem driving $8M in savings.
- A global information services implemented a Project Management Office and improved project issue resolution by 21% by involving key stakeholders when most needed.
Duration: 2 days
Learning Tools Included: All workshop attendees will get access to online post-workshop learning support tools (coaching videos, tips, tricks, worksheets, and more) with a My KT membership
Certification Credits: 1.4 CEUs / 14 PDUs
Training Options: Available either as a Public Session or as group training conducted at your location