PL candidates meet as a group with the LDI leader to kick-off the LDI.
- Complete introductions, discussions about expectations, and a review of workload
- Review schedule, establish ground rules, assign initial evening work
The LDI leader demonstrates segments of the workshop.
- Provide a best-practice example for PL candidates to follow
- Ensure that everyone in the LDI has a firm conceptual baseline to work from
- Form the basis for detailed discussions about instruction and concepts
- Provide PL candidates with the opportunity to develop content for their teaching examples
All KT workshops are delivered using a structured approach to instruction.
- Ensure concepts are clearly and uniformly presented
- Practice this process during the LDI by delivering short segments of the actual workshop
- KT instructor materials use this process as the basis for all delivery of workshop material
The PL candidate delivers all critical segments at least once during the LDI.
- Practice in front of the LDI leaders and other PL candidates
- Receive detailed feedback on your concept knowledge, use of systematic learning, presentation skills, and provide feedback to others
PL candidates are provided with detailed documentation about each KT process.
- Explain concepts in detail – both ‘live’ and as evening work
- Learn from the LDI leaders and other PL candidates in daily review sessions
Coaching and Critiquing
PL candidates learn and apply to provide effective coaching and feedback.
- Learn to assess KT process work and identify key areas of difficulty
- Consider the type of coaching or feedback needed to improve process use
- Practice these techniques in live scenarios
PL candidates and LDI leaders continuously assess progress.
- Complete formal reviews mid-way through and at the end of the LDI
- Ensure that expectations are being met, and corrections can be made as needed
Planning for Success
The LDI leaders and PL candidates plan next steps to ensure a successful checkout and ongoing effectiveness.
- Review roadmaps and other support tools for PL candidates to complete the certification process
- Create a plan for your checkout teach
Download Train The Trainer Outline