Designed exclusively for graduates of the Kepner-Tregoe Foundations course through ITpreneurs, the Advanced Problem Management workshop is the next step in developing expertise in the area of Problem Management. Become a high-performance troubleshooter with this in-depth learning experience. Prior to the course, participants will have already learned an overview of the core KT skills – Situation Appraisal, Problem Analysis, Decision Analysis, and Potential Problem Analysis.
Audience: Advanced learners that have already completed the KT Foundations course. Ideal for service desk staff, analysts, problem and incident managers, auditors, quality managers, operators, technicians, engineers, and others responsible for customer service and support. Also beneficial for individuals with ITIL® intermediate qualifications in Service Operation (SO) or Operational Support and Analysis (OSA).
Leverage Kepner-Tregoe’s time-tested, proven approach to problem solving, reinforced by a large number of case studies and a refresh of the skills learned at the KT Foundations workshop.
Learn “Distinctions and Changes,” a critical approach in isolating causes of complex problems.
Solve startup problems and eliminate recurring issues to reduce incident volume and improve customer satisfaction.
Think beyond the fix to move from reactive to proactive problem management.
Through Kepner-Tregoe’s Advanced Problem Management workshop, you will learn:
- A structured, critical thinking approach to analyze problems, select the best fix and proactively avoid problems.
- To systematically clarify and prioritize problems through KT's Situation Appraisal and effective questioning.
- To clearly describe a problem and gather the most relevant data.
- A strategic approach to problem solving based on problem type, e.g. start-up and recurring problems.
- How to capitalize by making thinking visible.
- Succinct and effective stakeholder communication and resource management throughout the problem or life-cycle.
Required: The KT ServiceNow plug-in from ServiceNow.
Return on Investment
- 74% reduction in Mean-Time-to-Resolution.
- 77% reduction in variation.
- 40% improved First-Time-Fix rate.
- 50% reduction in backlog.
- Increased customer satisfaction to +90%.
Duration: 2 days
Prerequisite: Kepner-Tregoe Foundations workshop
Learning Tools: All workshop attendees will receive access to online post-workshop learning support tools (worksheets, tips, tricks, and more) with a My KT membership
Examination: Participants of this course can take the Kepner-Tregoe Problem Management exam. This online exam can be taken at the end of the second day of the training course or at another convenient date and time—and overseen by a registered proctor who will supervise the exam delivery. To be eligible to take the KT Problem Management exam, you must have participated in an accredited KT Problem Management training course for 2 days
Training Options: Explore the class schedule below to register for a Public Session workshop or contact us to bring this workshop on-site to your organization