Get the data - solve the problem
Increase the operating efficiency of your production environment by getting to the root cause of your problems and fixing them for good. Utilize the world’s leading troubleshooting methodology to sort, organize, and analyze large quantities of information. Your organization will solve problems faster avoiding trial-and-error and preventing damaging recurrence.
- Increased annual yields by 13%
- Launched a new $15 million product line in 9 days
- Reduced losses for a critical defect by 50%
- Realized a $5.5 million reduction in conversion costs over a two-year period
- Resolved the costliest defect in the company, saving $1.3 million
The troubleshooting standard that delivers proven results
KT Analytic Trouble Shooting (ATS) integrates quality and productivity efforts. It provides a logical framework for statistical process control, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, total productive maintenance, self-managed work teams, and other programs. Not tied to a specific technology, machine or process, ATS helps troubleshooters solve problems in the production environments of today—and tomorrow.
ATS focuses on two principle activities: finding cause and taking action.
Find Cause includes prioritizing problems, describing them in detail, and identifying and testing possible causes. Workshop participants learn to differentiate between types of problems, and ask focused, probing questions to gather pertinent information. They learn to test and confirm true cause before undertaking expensive fixes.
Take Action focuses on selecting a fix and then thinking beyond it to avoid future problems. Workshop participants learn to think about goals, find smart alternatives, and balance risk before fixing a problem. Part of the ATS process is to examine other areas that could be similarly affected, plan the implementation of actions, and prepare for the unexpected.
We build capability
ATS addresses the plant environment—its culture, systems, work procedures, and human resources. By identifying obstacles as well as opportunities, it promotes effective problem solving and decision-making. This approach often leads to restructuring the performance and interaction of people, machines, production processes, and management systems. By creating an environment of sustainable improvement, productivity and quality goals are easier to attain.
Our goal is to build true capability within your people and organization. This is not achieved by skill development alone. Adoption is the driver of results. That’s why we work with you to maximize the ROI from your “people investment” by:
- Clarifying your capability development objectives and how they tie to your business success
- Identifying areas of emphasis for development and how the new skills will be applied inside your business
- Helping you identify critical elements in your company’s performance environment that support or hinder the capability development process
- Pre- and post-skill development support and coaching to ensure we maximize the skills transfer from the “workshop room” into the real world
Offered as a workshop. Go to our workshop section to see scheduled dates and locations.
Want to Maximize
your Return on