Facilitation of Strategic Issues and Decisions
Your organization can resolve its toughest issues - we'll show you how
The Kepner-Tregoe facilitator provides impartial leadership and advanced expertise using our data-driven processes. The team charged with resolving an issue will be guided using logic-based questions. The facilitator helps the team gather, organize, sort, analyze, and record information. By maintaining objectivity about the issue, the team learns to work better together as a group and stay on task.
Issues that benefit most from facilitation are typically those with one or more of these characteristics:
- High financial impact
- High visibility
- High potential conflict
- Critical time factors
- Quantified prospects for success
- Resolving Euro 2.8 million quality defects Learn more
- Selecting a design for a new $10 million wastewater treatment system
- Consolidating departments in a newly merged company effectively and efficiently
Issue Resolution Facilitation
Breaking the cycle of decision-making paralysis
Kepner-Tregoe facilitation allows your organization to:
- Achieve tangible results through a structured approach
- Accelerate group understanding of complex situations, problems and decisions
- Provide a clear way forward to either resolve the issue/make the decision, or identify what additional information is required to come to resolution
The “live” use of the KT rational processes is best described as exhilarating, “challenging the data”, and highly productive for all involved. Expert facilitation substantially increases the efficiency and effectiveness of critical issue resolution, while gaining support and commitment from all involved. Not only is a problem solved or a decision made, the thinking behind the resolution is visible and can be used again when addressing similar issues.
There are four steps to facilitation:
- Prepare the session: The facilitator will set the scope and clarify the issue to be resolved, define objectives and constraints, ensure the appropriate people are involved, and plan the session logistically.
- Facilitate: The facilitator will start and lead the meeting by using the Kepner-Tregoe process, ensuring everyone's thinking is focused on the analysis. The process will be kept visible during the facilitation, using whiteboard, flip charts, or application sharing.
- Follow up the session: The facilitator documents progress and defines follow up actions.
- Lead the Group: By creating a participatory environment and managing dysfunctional behavior. The facilitator stimulates effective collaboration.
Contact us to explore how this solution is a fit for your organization.